Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peanut Butter Incredibles

My mom made a recipe book for each of the cousins in our family. She took old and new family favorites and put them all into a binder. It was a great book and I can't wait the pass it on to my kids. Of course, the largest section of the book in the dessert section. Here is my favorite from that section. Here is what you will need:

1 and 2/3 c. graham crackers
1 and 1/2 sticks butter - melted
1 and 1/2 c. peanut butter
4 c. powdered sugar
12 oz chocolate chips

Combine 1st 4 ingredients. It is best to add the powdered sugar in 1 cup increments. Pat firmly into an un-greased 9x13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips and pour over cracker mixture. Smooth. Put into fridge for about 10 minutes or longer. Cut into squares. Don't let chocolate get too hard before cutting or it will break. If you leave in fridge longer, let stand and reach room temp before cutting.

Oh my, I am craving this now! I think I will have to make this today. My mouth is actually watering just thinking about these bars. Yum! My mom used to make them of Christmas every year. She would cut them into little squares and put them in the basement freezer. My brother and I would sneak them and finish off about half of them before Christmas came. Oh yeah, I am making these today!

No comments: